Shirley’s Sautéed Pea Salad
Add or customize with your favorite ingredients!
The Ingredients we prefer:
- 1 Tsp Diced or Chopped Garlic
- 2-4 Tbsp * Coconut Amino’s (soy sauce substitute)
- ½ tsp Oil of choice I prefer a spicy hot oil
- ¾ cup Frozen peas
- Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes to taste
Makes 1-2 individual servings
- In a small saucepan heat garlic, oil & coconut aminos over med heat
- When the garlic is browning add the peas.
- Cover and shake your pan to mix.
- Stir occasionally until peas are thawed 3-5 minutes
- Pour over salad.
I’ve found by mixing the warm peas it makes the salad savory and more filling making it seem more like a meal.
Be adventurous! You can stir fry any combination of veggies you would like.
By using the Aminos in place of most of the oil you can eliminate a huge amount of unnecessary fat! 2 Tbsp of the Hot Oil is 14g of fat I cut that amount to 3.5g of fat for 2 servings. (You can find these in the soy sauce section at WinCo, Bragg’s Aminos is another great sub. option)
I get my dressing from WinCo I like the Bolthouse Farms, Creamy Yogurt Caeser dressing, at 2.5g of fat, it is a tasty low-fat option, as dressing in general is where we sometimes get into trouble! You can find this in the produce section.